Unit 6 sample test
I Put the verbs in the correct form.
run out of break up get over give up fall out
- My mum has _____________ smoking and she is much healthier.
- I _____________ with my best friend yesterday.
- We’ve ______________milk. I must buy some.
- Poor Sandy, she’s just ______________with her boyfriend.
- I’ll never ____________losing my new watch.
II Report requests and commands.
- Teacher to me: Switch on the lights, please.
- She to him: Put you T-shirt in the wardrobe!
- He to us: Don’t take the 7.15 train.
- The teacher to us: Open your books, please.
- Jack to Daisy: Take your dog for a walk.
III Report the statements.
- Beth: I usually see Bob on my way to school.
- Gina: I’ll phone you.
- Tim: I don’t want to leave all my friends.
- Alice: I’m in trouble again.
- Max: We’re going to a pop concert this evening.
IV Change indirect speech into direct.
- Kate said she needed it for her lesson today.
- Fred said that they played football, but he preferred rugby.
- Sue said she would phone me later.
- Alice said she didn’t like her new dress.
- Max said they weren’t going to the cinema that night.
V Report the questions.
- Where are you going? He wants to know…
- What time did the film start? He asks….
- Did you have a good time? He wants to know……
- Will you wait for me, Laura? She wants to know…..
- Where did you buy this watch? He wants to know….
V Complete with said or told.
- She _________she was going to the cinema.
- Jo _______________me where you were last night.
- The teacher _____________we had to finish our project tomorrow.
- I never believed anything he __________me.
- She never believed anything he ____________.
VI Write the words.
| illegal boycott demonstration arrested protect stab judge society elected disguise leaflets
- Barack Obama became the first black person to be ____________president of the USA.
- _____________means not allowed by law.
- I picked up some _____________advertising a new club.
- I came to the ball in ______________ and nobody recognized me.
- The ____________sentenced the man to 3 years in prison.
- To _____________means not to use something as a protest.
- To save something from damage means to __________it.
- _______________ is a protest in the street.
- To be held by the police means to be _______________.
- Children in ____________countries are exploited.
UNIT 6 SAMPLE TEST – KEY
- given up
- fell out
- run out of
- broken up
- get over
- The teacher asked me to switch on the lights.
- She told him to put his T-shirt in the wardrobe.
- He told us not to take the 7.15 train.
- The teacher asked us to open our books.
- Jack told Daisy to take her dog for a walk.
- (that) she usually sees Bob on her way to school.
- (that) she would/ she’d phone me.
- (that) he doesn’t want to leave all his friends.
- (that) she was in trouble again.
- (that) they were going to a pop concert that evening.
- I need it for my lesson today.
- We play football, but I prefer rugby.
- I’ll/ I will phone you later.
- I don’t like my new dress.
- We aren’t going to the cinema tonight.
- …what I am doing.
- …what time the film started.
- … if we had a good time.
- …if Laura will wait for her.
- …where I bought this watch.