I. Complete with question words.
- ____________ radio station are you listening to?
- ____________ have you been waiting for the bus?
- ____________ were you talking to outside school?
- ____________ tall are you?
- ____________ were you doing yesterday at 7 pm?
- ____________ sandwiches have you got in your bag?
- ____________ do you usually get up?
II. Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
- songs/ his/ does/ own/ he/ write?
- cause/ problems/ what/ does/ TV?
- channels/ your/ which/ are/ favourite/ TV?
- often/go/shopping/you/do/ How?
- use/ internet/this/going/are/to/you/the/evening?
III. Put the phrasal verbs in gerund or infinitive form.
pick up throw away turn down look up look after
- I don’t want to ______________ my old jeans. They aren’t torn.
- Would you mind _____________ the volume? It’s too loud.
- Could you ______________ the phone, please?
- I’m not interested in _______________ dogs.
- Why don’t you _____________ that word in the dictionary?
IV. Put the verbs in Past Perfect or Past Simple Tense.
- By the time I _______________ (arrive), everyone _______________ (leave)!
- Steve________________(already/see) the film, so he ________________( not come) with us to the cinema.
- Tina ______________(not finish) doing the housework by seven o’clock, so she ______________(call) Andrea to tell her she would be late.
- The car _____________(break) down, just after we ________________(set off).
- I ___________________ (not eat) anything at the party because I ________________(already/eat) at home.
V. Write questions for the underlined words.
- I was born in London.
- The film starts at 7.30.
- I’ve been to the USA three times.
- I bought the red car.
- I’ve had this job for five years.
- He can speak Russian and French.
- We have English twice a week.
- I ate two sandwiches.
- Yes, I’m listening to you.
- Jane’s talking to Mary.
- I test perfumes. I’m a __________________.
- I sell books. I’m a ____________________.
- I walk dogs. I’m a ____________________.
- I direct films. I’m a ___________________.
- I repair electrical things. I’m an ________________.
- I take pictures. I’m a _____________________.
- I act small parts in movies I’m a __________________.
desktop download brushes busiest customers polite sweeping fingerprints jealous jobs potato violent
- I’m not a couch ________________. I rarely watch TV.
- The police found his ________________ on the gun.
- We need an assistant on Saturdays. It’s the ______________ day of the week.
- Have you got a laptop or a __________________?
- The job includes _______________ the floors.
- Assistants must help the _________________ pack their shopping.
- A waiter must be _______________.
- British teenagers often have part-time _________________.
- A hairdresser’s assistant must clean combs and _______________.
- Do you think we should ban ___________________ films on TV?
Unit 4 Test – Key
- How long
- How many
- Does he write his own songs?
- What problems does TV cause?
- Which are your favourite TV channels?
- How often do you go shopping?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- Are you going to use the Internet this evening?
- throw away
- turning down
- pick up
- looking after
- look up
- arrived, had left
- had already seen, didn’t come
- hadn’t finished, called
- broke down, had set off
- didn’t eat, had already eaten
- Where were you born?
- When/ What time does the film start?
- How many times have you been to the USA?
- Which car did you buy?
- How long have you had this job?
- Which languages can he speak?
- How often do you have English?
- How many sandwiches did you eat?
- Are you listening to me?
- Who is Jane talking to?
- perfume tester
- book seller
- dog walker
- film director
- film extra