Unit 5 test
I Rewrite the sentences in the passive.
1. Abel Talisman discovered Australia in in the latre 17th century.
2. They used Australia as a prison at first.
3. Poisonous snakes and spiders bite several people every year.
4. People find gold and diamonds in Australia.
5. Typhoons bring half the rain in Japan.
6. They will build a new bridge over the river.
7. She has sold her computer.
8. They didn’t find their dog.
9. Over 750 people have received Nobel Prizes.
10. Ships transport over 80% of goods.
II Answer the questions.
1. What is drought?
2. What is deforestation?
3. Who is the Golden Dolphin award for?
4. What do the hunters do with bear cubs?
5. How does Rosy feel in the last episode of Kids? Why?
III Complete with the correct passive forms.
1. Last year the prize _______________ (give) to Professor Wise.
2. Bears __________________ ( hunt) for their fur.
3. People who help the animals ______________________(award) next year.
4. The criminal _______________(catch) by the police yeaterday.
5. The crocodile ________________ (kill) to make shoes and handbags.
IV Complete with the words given. Use TEN words.
atmosphere release butterflies extinct destroy shaking
replace pounding jelly waste hibernate orphan
1. My legs feel like _________________.
2. I’ve got _________________ in my stomach.
3. My heart’s __________________.
4. My hands are __________________.
5. Cars ______________ harmful gases.
6. You nearly can’t find a brown bear in Europe. They’re almost _______________
7. If you drive too fast you ______________ a lot of petrol.
8. A child without parents is called an _________________.
9. To sleep during the winter means to _________________.
10. The criminals wanted to _____________ the real award with a fake.
V Irregular verbs